Thursday, August 16, 2007

Week of 8/ 6 - 8/10

This week we had to create a WebQuest as our project #2. I worked with two other classmates on it. They are middle school social studies teachers so we focused on that. It was fun but more work than we thought :) I was down the shore on vacation with my son's laptop working on it. While I missed some sun at least I didn't have to stay home - kudos to online learning!

We decided on the topic of Ancient Greece and comparing Athens and Sparta. I think it is a fun and interesting subject. We used some videos which are awesome to have to offer. I believe it turned out good. I hope they are able to use it in their classes. I will check with our social studies teacher to see if she can.

This week we also looked at freeware/shareware that can be used for education purposes and sites that have educational grants available. I found a really good program that is geared more for high school (algebra, geometry) but there are parts of it that I can definitely use. My fellow classmates also gave me some great sites for both that are posted on my website.

No comments: